Helen Britton House is the SARC for the Cleveland Police area.
The SARC is a partnership arrangement, providing a SARC model of practice for victims of Rape and Sexual Assault. Services are provided regardless of whether the victim wishes to report to the Police.
The SARC model across Cleveland was introduced in 2007 following financial support from the-then Cleveland Police Authority and the four Tees Primary Care Trusts (PCTs.)
This proposal addresses the staffing requirements of SARC in order to facilitate sufficient and appropriate compliment of staff to enable service promotion and development across Cleveland.
It also includes a proposal for video link equipment, which will give access to court for vulnerable victims who cannot attend the court building
If successful the proposal would allow:
- Routine/regular on site development days for forensic examiners
- Routine/regular input to Police training and development days
- The production of a SARC Newsletter/bulletin
- SARC representation at key meetings
- SARC involvement in regional developments (e.g. agreeing standards)
- SARC representation at promotional events
- Availability of staff to deliver presentations promoting SARC
- Strengthening the SARC position within the network of ISVA’s
- Taking part in ISVA promotion and development work
Video link to court for vulnerable witnesses