Please provide information concerning any issues, complaints, reports and updates as to the new system where the PCC is now responsible for the initial handling of expressions of dissatisfaction/complaints against the police
In the Commissioners Police and Crime Plan Performance and Delivery Report that covers Quarter Four of the 2021-22 financial year, early indications show from the new service which was launched on 31 January 2022 until 31 May 2022 there were 675 expressions of dissatisfaction received and logged by the Resolution Team.
They have also dealt with the following
• 675 Complaints logged and received
• 551 Complaints resolved
• 16 Complaints formally recorded
• 81% of all complaints resolved
This report will be published in due course and I am happy to provide you with the link to this once published.
Our Standards and Scrutiny Manager is also currently undertaking a 6 month review of the new Resolution Team and this will be published online once concluded.
Updated OPCC Response
I have conducted another search of our recorded information in an attempt to find the information you seek. This has involved:
- Engaging directly with the managers involved in overseeing the Resolution Team
- Checking whether our Chief Executive had received any relevant correspondence
- Checking whether the PCC had received any relevant correspondence
- An assessment of our public correspondence tracker to check whether the office had received any relevant correspondence
I can now inform you that I have completed my enquiries and found that the OPCC does not hold any recorded information to assist you.