The purpose of this decision is to support the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner through a unique time (following the resignation of the former Police and Crime Commissioner) in delivering the objectives as set out in the Commissioners 2021 Police and Crime Plan. This includes as a minimum:
- Providing contract management support to key commissioned victim services many of whom are from the Voluntary Community Sector (VCS)
- Project management of key OPCC led projects including (but not limited to) the Child Sexual Abuse Transformation Fund
- Acting as key points of contact for VCS services in relation to COVID matters including monthly performance reporting to central government
- Represent the OPCC at key meetings relevant to the victim’s agenda – this includes partnership meetings relating to Domestic Abuse and wider community safety / criminal justice matters
- Support wider members of the OPCC as/when required, specifically in relation to funding opportunities e.g. Safer Streets Fund / Youth Endowment Fund / Allocation of Victims Services Uplifts
- MVDA will support this work through the provision of a full time (35 hours per week) member of staff with relevant knowledge and expertise in relation to victims and the Criminal Justice Process. This staff member will work as part of the OPCC for the period of the grant agreement and report directly to the Temporary Assistant Chief Executive (ACE), Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner.