Teesside Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)
Teesside SARC provides a sensitive and dedicated service to meet the needs of victims of rape and sexual assault.
What it does
The purpose-built SARC provides 24-hour crisis intervention and support 365 days a year.
Specially-trained staff explain and discuss option. They also provide support. Staff ensure victims’ needs are met throughout the process whatever they decide to do.
Victims do not have to report an assault to the police to access SARC services and support. The facility is run by Stockton-based charity Safer Communities.
If you would like to speak to someone we are available on: 0330 223 0099. Alternatively you can send us an email at: Newcastlesarc@mountainhealthcare.co.uk
Middlesbrough-based Arch Sexual Violence Services in Teesside employs the Independent Sexual Violence Adviser (ISVA.) The ISVA:
- Tailors support to the needs of the victim
- Provides accurate and impartial information to victims and to the families of children and young people
- Gives emotional and practical support
- Provides support before, during and after criminal and civil court cases
- Acts as a single point of contact for the victim
- Ensures the safety of victims and their dependents
Tel: 01642 822331